Information We Collect and How We Use It
- In the course of using safe.ai, we may collect your email addresses for our listserv and payment information for donations.
- Center for AI Safety, Inc does not sell names or other personal information about our safe.ai users and subscribers to mass marketers or any other entity, nor do we engage in exchanges of such information. We do not share donor information with other organizations.
- Online credit card donations are processed through a third party service provider and we do not retain, store, sell or share any of your credit card, payment-related, or other personal information.
- We use anonymized analytical cookies to count the number of website users and understand how users navigate the website. This helps us improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring users can find what they are looking for easily.
- We protect our database by means of various technical and procedural measures, and we restrict access to your information by unauthorized persons. We require our third party service providers to comply with confidentiality requirements and to not use your personal information for marketing purposes without your consent.
- We reserve the right to use personal information to protect the security or integrity of safe.ai; to protect against a threat to personal safety or destruction of property; to protect against legal liability; or to cooperate with government officials or parties in litigation, or as otherwise required by law. We may also share personal information with our successors and assigns in accordance with law.
Privacy of Children
We are pleased when youth visit safe.ai to learn more about Center for AI Safety, Inc and reducing high-consequence risks from artificial intelligence. However, we do not knowingly solicit data from children or knowingly reach out to children under the age of 18.
Links to Other Websites
Anti-Spam Policy and Your Opt-Out Rights
We are committed to permission-based communication and preventing the spread of spam or other forms of unsolicited emails. If you have received an email in error, you may remove your information from our database by requesting to unsubscribe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Data Security
Center for AI Safety, Inc takes precautions to host and maintain a secure website and to safeguard data from unauthorized use. We undertake a range of security practices, including measures to help restrict web access to or inappropriate use of sensitive data.
Your Consent and Questions
Effective Date: 3/13/2023
Use of Publications, Trademarks, and Logos
- We provide information and resources on risks from artificial intelligence. Unless otherwise expressly stated, all content provided on the Website is intellectual property that belongs to us. You are permitted to download information from the Website for your own personal informational use. You may also copy, distribute, adapt, and transmit content from this Website solely for not-for-profit or educational purposes, provided that the use contains the following attribution: [“Reproduced with permission of Center for AI Safety, Inc”. ] You may not suggest any other relationship, endorsement or affiliation with us unless you obtain express written permission.
- For any other use, you must obtain express written permission from us.
- You may not use or duplicate any Center for AI Safety, Inc logos or trademarks without express written permission from us.
- To request permission for use of copyrighted material, trademarks, or logos, send an email to email@example.com.
Links to Other Websites
Links on the Website that lead to outside services and resources are provided for convenience only. We do not control the accuracy or availability of those outside services and resources. Any concerns regarding any such service or resource, or any link, should be directed to the particular service or resource.
Third Party Content
We respect copyright and trademark laws. Third-party material may appear on our site, and those creators retain all rights to their works, except where noted.
Though we strive to keep the information available on the Website current and accurate, errors can and do occur. We provide the information on the Website with no representations or guarantees of accuracy, completeness, or timeliness. Center for AI Safety, Inc will not be liable to you or any other person for any damages that result from the use or inability to use the Website, or as a result of any content, information, services, or resources made available through the Website.
About These Terms – General Provisions
- This Website is owned and operated by us from our offices in California. Your use of the Website, and any related legal action, will be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to conflict of laws principles. The sole jurisdiction for any litigation arising out of your use of or inquiries to the Website will be an appropriate federal or state court located in San Francisco, California.
Effective Date: 3/13/2023